Re: LF: Make the TI-92 a real gaming machine with sound!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: Make the TI-92 a real gaming machine with sound!

On Mon, 18 Nov 1996 21:02:48 -0600 "Cajun 'Net Crusier"
<cajuncru@sprynet.com> writes:

>----------
>> From: Tim Gerla <timg@climax.polaristel.net>
>> To: list-fargo@lists.ticalc.org
>> Subject: Re: LF: Make the TI-92 a real gaming machine with sound!
>> Date: Saturday, November 16, 1996 10:25 PM
>>
>> On Sat, 16 Nov 1996 20:52:40 -0600, you wrote:
>>
>> >Rule number 1 when shopping at The shack of radio: NEVER belive
>anything
>> >that the person there says.. (they usually can't tell the
>difference
>between
>> >a LED and a LCD)  also very few radio shacks cary a large amount of
>> >electricall components so ask for a catalog.. or just goto mouser
>or
>> >digi-key there probably cheaper anyway..
>>
>> LOL...But it's true! I know the RS catalog better than some people
>> that work there... I've been very happy with mouser, they ship
>*fast*,
>> the prices are good, shipping is very reasonable. They once sent me
>> the wrong thing so I called and told them and they sent the right
>> parts out that day... Then they called a few days later to make sure
>> that I had gotten the part. I recommend mouser very much. Digi-key
>is
>> good also, but they have a minimum order or you get hit with a $5
>> charge. Shipping is free if you pay by check! Well, enough of my
>> ranting. Good luck!
>> --
>> Tim Gerla    |   timg@climax.polaristel.net
>> Tyball@irc   |   www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/1691
>> Tyball Dragon|   -==<UDIC>==-
>> Fargo Program Archive:
>www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/1691/ti.html
>

>LOL, LOL, LOL.  Radio Shack having good prices?  Do you have a license
>use those in the same sentence????    I certainly don't think a simple
>555
>chip is worth about $1 or an red led at $0.50.  Mail order catalogs
>sell
>for about 1/10 as expensive!!!!!!!

I think Jameco is another great place to order stuff.
They have a web page:    www.jameco.com
most of their standard chips (555, 74xx, etc.) are around 20-50 CENTS