Re: LF: Newby

<g>

Here's what you do:

#1.	Run the LINK.EXE program that came with Fargo, plug in the
cable that you made.

#2.	In LINK.EXE, press 'B'. Type in FARGO.92b or something like
that. This should download a backup from the calculator. Be sure you
are in the home screen on the calculator.

#3.	Exit LINK.EXE, and type 'PUTFARGO FARGO'. Be sure to leave off
the extentsion of the backup file.

PUTFARGO should say something like this:

-
ML92B v1.0  Copyright 1996 by David Ellsworth

Putting core.o into fargo.92b...done
-

#4. When that's done, run LINK.EXE again, and press 'U'. Type in
FARGO.92B. Don't forget the extenstion. It should be sending the
fargoed backup to the calculator, it will say unsuccessful when it's
about 99% done. That's normal.

#5. When the backup is done the screen should flash darker. When that
happens, press (in LINK.EXE) 'S'. Now type in '*.92p'. This will
transfer all of the programs into the calculator.

#6. On the calculator, press [shift]+[on]. This will start Fargo. Have
fun!

If you need any more help, feel free to post.

-Tim

On Wed, 27 Nov 1996 11:25:00 -0600 (CST), you wrote:

>I just got my 92 not too long ago, and I made the homemade $5 link cable
>designed by Andreas Westfield.  The software available on his page,
>link92xp, worked very well.  However, I wanted to install Fargo, and that
>required getting a memory backup from the calculator.  I went to the
>Var-link menu, and the only thing that looked like a mem backup was the
>folder entitled "Main".  So I downloaded the main folder, and tried to do
>a putfargo on that.  The file had a 92@ after it instead of a 92b or
>92d.  What is the difference between the different suffixes @, b, d,
>and whatever else exists?  This is all very confusing, and I'd like to
>understand it all.  I next attempted to use the link program supplied
>withe the fargo folder that I downloaded from the ticaalc homepage.
>Everything I tried always came back "unsuccessful".  Is this program
>supposed to work with the $5 link?  Should I invest the $60 in the link
>available from TI?  Any answers/comments are welcome.

<pre>
--
Tim Gerla -- timg@climax.polaristel.net -- Tyball@irc
</pre>