LF: Newby

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LF: Newby

I just got my 92 not too long ago, and I made the homemade $5 link cable
designed by Andreas Westfield.  The software available on his page,
link92xp, worked very well.  However, I wanted to install Fargo, and that
required getting a memory backup from the calculator.  I went to the
Var-link menu, and the only thing that looked like a mem backup was the
folder entitled "Main".  So I downloaded the main folder, and tried to do
a putfargo on that.  The file had a 92@ after it instead of a 92b or
92d.  What is the difference between the different suffixes @, b, d,
and whatever else exists?  This is all very confusing, and I'd like to
understand it all.  I next attempted to use the link program supplied
withe the fargo folder that I downloaded from the ticaalc homepage.
Everything I tried always came back "unsuccessful".  Is this program
supposed to work with the $5 link?  Should I invest the $60 in the link
available from TI?  Any answers/comments are welcome.