Re: LF: A java interpreter for the TI...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: A java interpreter for the TI...

> > > Just a correction, Java isn't only Web! Java is a complete language,
> > > just like C. You can write "everything" with it, including (of
> > > course) stand-alone aplications which don't have to hosted in a Web
> > > page.
> > > Everybody is used to see Java as a development tool for the Web, but
> > > that's not true: it has been adopted (or should I say forced) by the
> > > Web because it is a platform independent, network-aware,
> > > object-oriented, multithreaded, blah,blah,blah language.
> > >
> > I think i should point out teh fact that it's a 68000 here, (not to
> > mention that effective execution speed from ram is ~5Mhz)
> > has anyone seen netscape run on a 68000 mac?
> >
> Have you ever run Amiga OS on a 7mhz 68000? It's just Mac OS that's
> crappy ;)

Yes, actually..
The speed problem is NOT the multitasking, or anything like taht,
It's the instruction translation.. I've had a good look at the
psudocode used by java, and to run it on a 5mhx machine, without a
maths coprocessor would be incredibly slow..

Rob Taylor MAIL - mailto:rtaylor@ticalc.org
           WEB  - http://www.u-net.com/~rtaylor/