Re: LF: A java interpreter for the TI...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: A java interpreter for the TI...

> From:          Ciebiera@aol.com
> Date:          Sun, 24 Nov 1996 09:07:22 -0500
> >  I would like to raise an interesting qustion: how possible is it to
> >  write a Java interpreter for the TI-92? Sun microsystems states that it
> >  is possible to write compact interpreters costing up to 70 kb of RAM.
> >  Of course, this takes up every free RAM available, but when an
> >  expansion becomes available, it will probably become a tolerante
> >  idea...
>
> Just curious. but why would you want to surf the net at 9600? Especially with
> graphics!

Just a correction, Java isn't only Web! Java is a complete language,
just like C. You can write "everything" with it, including (of
course) stand-alone aplications which don't have to hosted in a Web
page.
Everybody is used to see Java as a development tool for the Web, but
that's not true: it has been adopted (or should I say forced) by the
Web because it is a platform independent, network-aware,
object-oriented, multithreaded, blah,blah,blah language.

Regards,
Nuno Costa
Stop the mass genocide in East Timor!

Nuno Miguel Vieira da Costa                                       | Sem a loucura que e o homem,
Email: ncosta@grupo.bfe.pt                                        | Mais que a besta sadia
Web: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/5179 | Cadaver adiado que procria?