Re: LF: A 9600 bps Note!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: A 9600 bps Note!

28.8K and 14.4K are the number of bits a modem can transfer per
second.  They have nothing to do with compression.  A 28.8K modem can
theoretically transferr up to 115K using it's own hardware
compression.  The differences in the modems are in the protocols the
modems use.  14.4K modems use a v.32 protocol or something like that
and the 28.8K uses a v.42 protocol.

--Ed