RE: LF: AIGHH!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: LF: AIGHH!!!

On 24. november 1996 04:34, Aaron N. Tubbs[SMTP:poral@parrett.net] =
wrote:
>At 02:06 PM 11/23/96 -0600, you wrote:
>
>>I know everyone is tired of hearing about people asking about hooking =
up a

>>home made link cable to the modem... but is it possible to use a =
serial to

>>RS232 converter?  Is that the main diffenece between the Graphlink and =
the

>>home made serial (Graphlink has built in RS232 conversion)?
>
>The home-made cable is not a serial cable, it is a parallel cable.  The =
official TI GRAPH LINK  uses a chip which converts the 92 link protocol =
into a perfect RS232 emulation, instead of a hacked and emulated format. =
 So far, nobody has been able to reproduce this RS232 port because of =
it's complexity (in the link) and custom chip involved.  I believe =
somebody IS trying to work on this though, but no promises.

No, you're wrong, the home-made cable is just like a serial cable, =
sending one bit at a time, we just plug it in to the parallel-port and =
get a program to translate it !

       ----------         )))))           J. Kristian K. Nielsen
       ----------         )))))           jkkn@ctav.com