Re: LF: !! Keepout 1.5 BUGS !!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: !! Keepout 1.5 BUGS !!

At 03:06 AM 11/24/96 EST, you wrote:

>On Sat, 23 Nov 1996 22:17:15 -0500 "Aaron N. Tubbs" <<poral@parrett.net>

>writes:

>>At 10:49 AM 11/23/96 -0500, you wrote:

>>>Get PASSWORD it is a lot better!

>>It is better, except it allows unconfirmed password changing, so if

>>someone decided to use your calc, and you let them, you may end up

>>with problems... Unless this feature has been secured...

>I could easily do that...  Would it be better, when typing in the new

>password to echo '*'s or the letters themselves?  reply to my email

>address instead of the list.  grigg@juno.com  Any other improvements...??

Have it echo *'s, because that way someone peering over your shoulder can't see it.  I personally think that it shouldn't echo anything at all, like a UNIX password, but if the people want it... By all means.

<pre>
--

Aaron N. Tubbs

aaron@parrett.net

FARGO FAQ - http://www.parrett.net/fargo.html

<italic>"If you do something good in life, make sure you get a receipt,
in case heaven is like the IRS!"</italic>
</pre>