Re: LF: Yeah? What is the subject?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 11:33 AM 11/23/96 +0000, you wrote:

>I totally agree with your feelings, if the group says List-Fargo,=20

>then it should be about Fargo.  But, with an overwhealming<<sp>=20

>ammount of high school kids (such as myself), it tends to get off the=20

>subject, but it still is dealing w/ the 92 and Fargo.  This is a big=20

>conversation, and as with any conversation, it gets off on tangents. =20

>The thing that really pisses me off is the asking of the same=20

>questions a million times, the people that don't know how to=20

>unsubscribe, and the people that post useless insults like when=20

>someone wrote "What is Fargo???" he got 10 replies on the list that=20

>said "I'm not even gonna bother with this one!"  THEN DON'T, don't=20

>waste space for that!  Double posting is also pretty annoying, but I=20

>do it too because I'm not that familiar with Pegasus yet.  Just my=20

>feelings.

	I have to agree with you entirely.  Though the "I'm a sophomore too, and I=
 am n/x who have one at my school, w/....." comments get old, there are=
 still obviously people interested in them, and if that pleases them to have=
 a pleasent conversation, by all means, let it be.  When someone needs to=
 talk about something specific about Fargo, they can post the message, and=
 they will most likely be responded to.  They just have to understand that=
 90% of us here have no more knowledge of Fargo other than how to install it=
 and use it, and rotate the blocks in Ftris.  At first I didn't know how to=
 rotate the blocks in Ftris.  I admit.  So what did I do, post a message=
 about it 30 times?  No, I just read the first 5 messages in my mailbox, and=
 what do you know.  My god, there seems to be a question about this already!=
  What do you know?  Now I don't have to annoy these people.  It's just=
 common sense.  And then all the people that flame people because there sig=
 is too long, or that their off topic, and even ME with what I'm writing=
 right now as I speak....  We're just wasting messages, when we should just=
 let it go, and not mess with it, a thousand "The virus is a hoax" messages=
 do us no good, when 15 people then second that message, and tell them they=
 have been computer professionals since the dark ages, and EVERYONE should=
 know that knowledge, etc.  It's all just a waste of bandwidth.  (New FAQ=
 question:  How can we double the speed of the Internet?  Simple.  Cut all=
 this crap j/k) =20

Ahh well...  I suppose I'm just wasting my time trying.. forget it.

Aaron

Ahh well, my inflated 2 cents

<pre>
--

Aaron N. Tubbs

aaron@parrett.net

FARGO FAQ - http://www.parrett.net/fargo.html

<italic>"If you do something good in life, make sure you get a receipt,
in case heaven is like the IRS!"</italic>
</pre>