Re: LF: RE: TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: RE: TI-92

>does anyone know if there is any way to take out the geometry editor and
>therfore free up more memory (or is this stuff all stored in the rom?)
>because the system memory i am assuming is where all the system stuff is
>stored and for ti to put that in the mem menu almost makes me think that it
>changes allot..
The geometry program is in the ROM.  IMHO, it is very useless, and I wish
it could be removed so it could provide us with even more math functions or
something.  Nearly any application would be more useful.  Last year in our
geometry class, we used Geometry Sketchpad for our geometry graphing work,
even though we had the TI-92 option for everybody, it was incredibly
inefficient and cramped, plus it didn't provide an effective, quick way to
present your data to anyone.  Maybe it & TI-BASIC should be replaced by a C
compiler with libraries.  There has to be room for one, especially given
that the geometry program has to take up a large chunk of memory.  Who
knows....  Anyone have an eprom and a burner that will fit the 92's rom
socket so we can provide a 1.13 upgrade?

Aaron