Re: LF: RE: TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: RE: TI-92

> Hey, my math teacher did that... just up'n whoomped out the batteries.
>
> Bummed me out for about 3 seconds. Then I realized all this talk on the
> list about capacitators and memory clearing applied to ME, as well!

Actually, I think the reason taking the AA's out of the 92 doesn't
reset the memory isn't due to any capacitors retaining charge, but
because of the fact that the 92 automatically shuts off when
batteries are taken out and it's in idle mode.  It's meant to retain
the memory if you take the batteries out (that's what the backup
battery's for), but the 92 has the added improvement over the 8x
series that you can take the regular batteries out while the calc is
still on and keep your memory (as long as you're not doing
calculations).

The capacitor thing only comes into play when _all_ the batteries are
removed, including the backup.

> BWAHAHAHAHAHAH! Of course, since I'm in a Geometry course, the
> 92 doesn't really help. But hey! Trig is hard. :D

...gee, isn't there a geometry editor on the 92 as well?  (Has anyone
really used that thing)?

Later,

      Josh Hays           |              jhays@teaser.fr
    Paris, France         |      http://www.brownell.edu/~johays
 American School of Paris |        http://www.teaser.fr/~jhays
      "Id quod fuimus aut sumus, non cras erimus." -Ovid