Re: LF: Help this instant!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: Help this instant!

At 10:31 PM 11/21/96 EST, you wrote:
>My calc went heywire, and is flashing on and off etc. Taking out the
>batteries and hitting on does not work! What else do I do? It's flashing
>as I write! Argh! Please reply now, anybody!
>.\\ark
>Markzshell@juno.com    <can't attach files to this address>
>Zarkon1000@aol.com      <checked much less frequently>

Well, I started having problems just tonight with the whole shell and
various programs crashing in certain ways.

I haven't bothered to track the problem down specifically, but it seems to
be one of three things.  Either the new version of Fterm somehow corrupts
the shell, or the new "password" program corrupts the shell, OR (here's what
I think it is) when you set a password in ANY of the programs, it inserts
the password info into a "bad" area, resulting in a crash when you try and
load a backup containing it.

But in your case, try either hitting 2nd-Lock-On, or take out one battery
and replace it while holding ) and ON.  Best of luck.