Re: LF: Links?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: Links?

At 01:04 AM 11/21/96 -0500, you wrote:
>All this talk about these RS323 (whatever?) and paralell, etc. links is
>REALLY confusing me.  WHY doesn't someone look at what's inside a REAL
>Graphlink cable and simple re-create it?  With all these grandiose plans of
>upgrading RAM and ROM and CPU for the TI-92, could it REALLY be THAT hard to
>re-create what TI did?  That would clear up SOOO much confusion on the part
>of EVERYBODY and no one would have to worry about getting converters, etc...
>
>If that's not possible, could someone PLEASE explain why...  I'm sure I'm not
>ther only one wondering about this (at least I HOPE not... <g>)
>
>~Stephen Hicks
>TIMaster00@aol.com

ok one simple word about if it is hard to recreate what ti did... YES.. the
92 was assembled with machines.. and i dont think anyone on this list
actually has the money to buy all the stuff to assemble a 92.. and the
graphlink takes the signal from the calc and converts it into rs232(the
protocol that your computer uses to send stuff over its ports) and the
graphlink will probably be near impossible to ever recreate by people like
us without special hardware..

	David Lee
davidlee@itis.com