LF: AIGHH!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LF: AIGHH!!!

Well, I have to love it.  Go upstairs, planning on installing the brand new FTerm beta 7.  Hooked in, sent the file..

What the?  Calculator got reset?!?  What the heck.

Well, ok, I'll re-send the fargo back up.  All will be well..

Sending..

Send successful

Send the fargo programs...

UNSUCCESSFUL

UNSUCCESSFUL

UNSUCCESSFUL

Well now.  Something isn't working right.  So I spent 25 minutes taking apart my link, checking my connections, and rebooting my computer.  No problems.  Try again.  Same thing.  Then I notice.  My link port is shot to hell.  OH boy.  Gotta love it.  Anything that can go wrong went wrong.

Sorry, just had to vent my private little "Death of my TI-92 as I knew it" story.  I just KNOW I've got a warranty SOMEWHERE.  I HAVE to....

FAQ REVISION QUESTION:

Q: How do I upgrade my rom from version 1.7 to version 1.12?

A: Tell your 92 to break it's link port, find your warranty, and return calculator.  Exchange for replacement.  All is good.  Time envolved:  Time it takes to run to store and return/exchange calculator.  Upgrade price: $0 + mileage.  What a deal!  Too bad you also lose all of those programs that you were too stupid to back up when you really should have...

Ahh well, sucks to be me.

<pre>
--

Aaron N. Tubbs

aaron@parrett.net

FARGO FAQ - http://www.parrett.net/fargo.html

<italic>"If you do something good in life, make sure you get a receipt,
in case heaven is like the IRS!"</italic>
</pre>