Re: LF: TI-92 with sound...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: TI-92 with sound...

> Not exactly. I just mean that program should send just characters with
>  correct bit pattern like I showed there. Bitstream out of the port should
>  look like 010101010101010101010101 or something.. If there is no delays or
>  something between every 8 bits a some kind of noise 'signal' should come
>  out of serial port. If ports speed is locked to that 9600bps, different
>  frequencies (or noises with different tone :) could be done by sending
>  according bit patterns like 000100010001000100010001. Anyhow, if that's
>  possible, then it should be possible (if that serial port can drive a
>  earphone without external amplifier) to make noises with a simple setup
>  which consists of something like 2.5mm stereo plug, adjustable resistor
>  for signal attenuation and earphones. This is quite a poor design but if
>  it works, it would be easy to build and use. Sound quality stinks of
>  course but who cares anyway if the other option is no sound at all..

Actually, I've been working on doing something like that.  I have some mono:(
plugs that I got when I was trying to use an IR transmitter/Reciever for the
85.  I'm going to try to take that and convert it to a bigger plug that I can
put into a mic. jack on a stereo (1-bit sound on a stereo.  Now THAT's sad).
 Then, I'll use FTerm to send a constant (or not so constant) stream of
10101010, 10001000, 11001100, etc and see how it sounds...