Re: LF: Upgrading the CPU

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: Upgrading the CPU

Well, swapping in a 66 mhz processor would rock, but there is a slight
problem it would probably form.  MY GUESS is that it's going to draw much
larger amounts of battery power, and you may see battery lifetimes
somewhere around ... 30 minutes.. :)  I could be wrong though.  Though the
ROM is on a quick-swap setup, I believe that the processor is soldered to
the board, so it is NEAR impossible to swap.  I also don't know if the chip
runs at a higher or lower voltage or anything else, but I truly have no
clue, since I'm not very familiar with the 68k line.  The 256k ram hole has
been found before, and a few people are working on exploiting the use of
this 256k extra, though nobody has attained one of these chips or tried to
install it to my knowledge, though I could be wrong.