LF: External Modems and the TI-92 Calculator

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LF: External Modems and the TI-92 Calculator

If you have a TI-92, are on this list then you all probably have Fargo the
new operating shell for the TI-92.

Let me clear some things up about the FTerm program ,many people were having
problems getting the modem to work including me, until today.

Today (Monday) I went out to my local Radio Shack and purchased a Null Modem
Adapter 25 pin Male to Female for $4.99 plus 6% tax.

I was having problems prior to this getting the system to work so I went home
and took out my trusty TI-Graph Link which I did not make, I bought, and
hooked it up to the I/O port at the top left of my TI-92.  Then I attached
the other end to a cable and then to the adapter I bought which was pluged
into my external modem.  All in all it looked something like this:

MODEM---[null modem adapter]------cable-------[TI-Graph Link]------[TI-92]

Then after all this was done I was still having problems the modem would get
the data string and then send a string (I knew this from the status lights on
my modem) so I then though to myself I wonder why it could be doing that I
have a USRobotics Sportster VI 28.8 External and in the back I flipped the
switch that was the DTR Data Terminal Ready toggle switch and restarted the
calculator ran FTerm and it worked!

I hope this has been a help to all of you who were having TI-92 modem
communications difficulties. If after this it still doesn't work for you, or
if you have more questions ask them on the list or mail me personal at the
address below.

----------CiebieraP@aol.com----------