Re: LF: Modem w/o GraphLink

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: Modem w/o GraphLink

>> >Is there any way to connect a modem to the 92 for use with FTerm
>>  >without a
>>  >TI Graph link?  Maybe with the parallel link or something?  I would
>>  >love
>>  >the modem capability, but don't have a graph link.
>>
>>  Me too... I want to know this. Will there ever be a "home made modem
>>  link" like there is the parrallel one? Has anyone found a way to connect
>>  a modem without the expensive graphlink?
>>
>>  Thanks,
>>  that1guy@Juno.com

  Off the top of my head, you could probably connect the TI to a modem
without a graph link by changing the serial data to parallel ( with a simple
shift register ).  Then changing the parallel back to serial with a UART
chip.  The UART would provide the flow control and handels all of the other
lines that are needed.  This is a round about way, but it should work.

Bill Stysiack
wjs12@cornell.edu