Re: LF: FChem version 1.0 BETA

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: FChem version 1.0 BETA

> When pressing many non-character keys in this program I get odd on-screen
> characters. This in itself does not bother me, but the character that
> appears when pressing clear is a small bell. This is curious to me. What
> purpose does this shape, which I have seen nowhere else, serve? Was the
92,
> at one point, intended to have a beep, alarm, or chime? Anyone know
> anything about this?

The program is simply displaying the ASCII interpretation of that key.  The
bell you are referring to does not mean the 92 had sound at some point.
This is part of the standard ASCII character set.  An ASCII code of 7 on a
PC will make the PC speaker beep.  The 92 cannot, of course, do this, but
the symbol is there.  FChem currently displays all key characters.  If it
is not a symbol for an element, it will report "----Not Found---".  Future
versions will hopefully fix this.  I glad you like my program though.

/*
 * David L. Cantrell Jr.
 * kcscou19@mail.idt.net
 * Roadkill Connection Webmaster