Re: LF: TI-92 with sound...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: TI-92 with sound...

>you're missing the point of our replies: SURE YOU GOT THE ADAPTER STUCK
>IN THE CALCULATOR, BUT IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO SEND THE PROPER DATA TO
>MAKE SOUNDS.
>I hope that's clear
>-Ed

 I don't know about that.  If you can send info out the port, you can make
sound.  A serial stream of data can be turned into a parallel stream of
bytes using a simple buffered serial in parallel out shift register and a
counter.  The parallel data can then be changed to an analog signal with a
bunch of resistors and an op-amp.  You will get sound, but the question is
of what quality and dynamic range is that sound.

Bill Stysiack
wjs12@cornell.edu