Re: LF: 68000 C Compiler

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: 68000 C Compiler

> On Sun, 17 Nov 1996 17:21:38 +0000, you wrote:
> >I just d/l the compiler, and it doesn't work!  I tried the simplest
> >prog that I could:
> >
> >#include <stdio.h> //copied it from my C compiler's include dir
> >
> >int main()
> >{
> >     printf("Hello World");
> >     return 0;
> >}
> >
> >and I added the fargo parts that are needed like @program and RTS and
> >the other stuff, but it still wouldn't compile error free!
> >
> The problem is that the complier does not have a stdio.h file. It does
> not have any of the standard libraries. But, you can use for loops and
> stuff like that.

That is exactly the problem.  The compiler is not specific to the
TI-92.  It applies to all different implementations of the 68000.
The way text is displayed on the TI-92 is definately different than
the way it is displayed on say Sega Genesis (apparently uses the same
processor).  However, the Fargo community (including yourself) could
create a stdio.h which would include functions like printf (probably
wouldn't have text formatting though).  These functions could do the
low level display work.  I don't know if that would work, it it just
a suggestion.  (BTW, I don't have a 92 yet, so I can't test any of
this or help with it.)

shakal@ns.net