Re: LF: Make the TI-92 a real gaming machine with sound!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 03:28 PM 11/16/96 -0600, you wrote:
>Jonathan Oliver wrote:
>>
>> Haven't you guys ever wanted a calc to output sound?  With the TI-92, it's
>> entirely possible.
>Actually it isn't possible at all... on 85-Zshell yes, but I talked to
>David Ellsworth about this a few months ago and he said that because of
>the way the link port worked it wouldn't be possible.
>If there is anything to the contrary known, please email me..
   I wouldn't say it isn't possible at all.  I'm sure a D/A converter could
easily be made from a ladder of resistors and an op-amp.  The only problem
would be changing the serial data to parallel.  That could be done using a
shift register, or a demultiplexer with a buffer or transciever.

>> With assembly, it should be
>> easy for someone to write an assembly library file with function calls that
>> output tones to the 2.5mm jack, and thus into your speakers.
>>
>> Imagine, playing a REALISTIC style Doom on the 92 with gun shots on your
>> speakers.  Which brings me to another good point.  Is anyone good enough at
>> 68000 assembly to write Doom.  This would be a major accomplishment.
>I believe there's a version of doom in the works.. i can't recall who is
>making it however
  Same Davies abd Andreas Ess are making a doom like game in zshell called
Daedalus.  Version .2b is on ticalc and it has an impressive raycasting engine.

>but like i said before, there won't be sound..
>-Ed

Possibilities are endless...

Bill Stysiack
wjs12@cornell.edu