Re: LF: Student Suite

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: Student Suite

that1guy@juno.com wrote:

> This message I direct to all of the programmers out there. I believe that
> someone should write a few powerful programs that take advantage of the
> TI-92's computer-like features. These include the QWERTY keyboard, large
> high resolution 4-bit greyscale display, big blue cursor key.
>
> A program I, and I'm sure many other students would like to see is a
> powerful word-processor. Something far better than the built-in
> TI-editor, possibly even having a spell check. Yes, I will admit that
> the keys are too small to do heavy word processing, but heck, why not?
> The keyboard is there!
>
> Also, a spreadsheet would be excellent. Possibly one supporting graphing,
> maybe even 3D graphs.
>
> And last, a full featured terminal emulator. One that supports the full
> ANSI character set, one that fixes the "buffer bugs" so many people are
> experiencing. One, that you will be able to actually *make* the cable
> needed, not requiring the $45 TI graph link.

ok and how do you propose to use the full ANSI character set because if
you were to do that you would have to change the character set or make
an interrupt based patch program but both of these would take up space
that could be used for programs. and with the graphlink cables, you
would have to make a cable that converts the ti-signal to true rs-232
format(which the ti-graphlink) does. also if you have a Staples offive
supply store in your area you can buy the graphlink for less.

> If any other people are interested in such programs, please post a
> message saying so encouraging programmers to write such apps. And
> programmers out there- if you do plan on writing them or currently are,
> please tell us you are doing so and what they are like.

also why don't you try to make these applications before going out to
ask for people to make applications?

> Thanks,
> that1guy@juno.com

PCoMP