Re: LF: Possible Easter Egg

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: Possible Easter Egg

Digibyte@aol.com wrote:

> I was playing around in bd and discovered that holding the [on] key while
> playing the game made it go about 3x faster. Is is just an easter egg or is
> is some speed gain that can be used in all Fargo programs?

Interesting. Maybe you also have noticed that when you press down any other key,
the game goes much slower also. Stand beside a jewel, watch the animation speed.
Now, press down any key (except [on]), for example space. The calc slows down.
Now, still holding space down, press on. The speed has returned... This is
because every time you press a key (the on key is special) an interrupt is called,
slowing it down. My guess is that if [on] is pressed, it works another way for
some reason.

The game could be in "fast mode" all the time if I knew how to disable only
the keyboard interrupt. Since it's greyscale, I can't disable all interrupts.
The game will be MUCH better if it got much faster, because then there is much
more time to read from the keyboard (better control).

There are some other problems with BD however... A68K doesn't like the code anymore,
I've got too many labels :-( If I compile it, I get like 100 errors (Pass 1/Pass 2
error or something like that). If anyone could help me, I would be very grateful.
I've thinking of trying other assemblers, but will it work with all features A68K
has?? One solution would be to divide BD into more than one program, but I don't
like that idea.

--
Jimmy Mårdell                "I want to stand in the eye of a storm
mailto:mja@algonet.se         I want to get struck by lightning