Re: LF: New Info on Ram Upgrade and Graph Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: New Info on Ram Upgrade and Graph Link

>Niklas Brunlid wrote:
>>
>> Jimmy Mårdell <mja@algonet.se> wrote:
>>
>> :Brandon May wrote:
>> :>
>> :> >Here is what happened when I called TI today:
>> :> >The first person I talked to said that "There is no ram upgrade in the
>> :> >STATES"! And then, when I asked whether it was in Europe or not, the guy
>> :> >said: "uhhm, well, not really, but there might be...yeah, there is, but
>> :> >wait, no..."
>> :> >Anyway, you get the picture, the first guy I talked to at TI really
>> :> >talked like an idiot, and then when he asked me where I found out about
>> :> >the Europe thing, he said: "Fargo? The cra, I mean movie???" and then I
>> :> >said, "Yeah, The crack for the TI-92..." and he said "uh huh..." And
>> :> >then he said that yes, there would be a upgrade in the future...
>> :> >Then i hung up and called right back, a girl answered this time.
>> :> >I asked about the upgrade, this time even saying the size of the ram...
>> :> >:-), and the first thing she said was, "where did you get that idea???"
>> :> >and I just said, "friends..." and she said ok. Then she stumbled over a
>> :> >few words and then just said, "no, there will never be an upgrade for
>> :> >the TI-92", then I said, I have seen the ram upgrade, and she really
>> :> >stumbled over her words and said, "well, that's all I know about it, try
>> :> >back later"
>> :> >
>> :> >SO! I don't understand, why would TI make such a big deal about it?
>> :> >Making it suruptitious! Anyway, that's that...take care. and don't
>> :> >forget to get the picture of the Armani Exchange I made from the Fargo
>> :> >Archive... :-)
>> :>
>> :> Boy does that story sound familiar
>> :
>> :Nah, the RAM upgrade MUST be true, because in a TI newspaper for teachers
>> :in Sweden, the RAM upgrade was announced... It said something like
>> :"The RAM can be plugged in by the owner". I haven't read it myself,
>> :someone at Fidonet said it (he got that paper).
>>
>> True. I've got that newspaper here myself. I've mailed TI in Sweden about
>> proces and stuff, but I haven't got a reply yet.
>>
>> -
>>
>>  - Niklas Brunlid (nma95nbr@lustudat.student.lu.se)
>> PQF quote follows:
>>
>> - "What shall I do?"
>> - "Well, if you see anything crawl out of the sea and try to breathe,
>>    you could try telling it not to bother."
>>         -- Rincewind and Eric at the Beginning of Time
>>            (Terry Pratchett, Eric)
>
>Why do you guys make such a noise about the existence of this ram
>upgrade, i told you that i bought it 2 weeks ago and it is right now in
>my calc. So stop posting this type of mail, please.

Oh, we understand that it exists.  We're just bitching about TI's lack of
recognition of its existance.  It is not out in the US yet and we are just
complaining.

*                   rmay@esu3.esu3.k12.ne.us       \_\___________\/     *