Re: LF: PRIME NUMBERS!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: PRIME NUMBERS!

<< The built in function factor essentially does this.

 i.e.
 input "enter a number",n
 if instring(string(factor(n)),"*") then
    disp "not a prime"
 else
    disp "prime"
 endif

 I'm not sure what the usefulness of iterating through the prime numbers is,
 although even a ti-basic version of the sieve of erastothenes shouldn't be
 all that slow.

 -Kevin
 khuber@mr.net

 that1guy@juno.com writes:
  > Could someone PLEASE write a Prime-Number finder for Fargo... Nothing
  > fancy at all, just something that will handle big numbers. I wrote one
  > for ti-basic, but it goes SO SLOW! I think this would be perfect for ASM
  > becuase it goes so fast.

how about this:

{}->primelst
for c,1,10000
   if c=factor(c) then c->primelst[dim(primelst)+1]
endfor

this works really fast, esp. w/numbers less than 1000. no string and instring
junk to slow it down. (those are search funcs: slow, slow) anyway, tell me if
you like it

Tilde,
Jeffrey :j
JBridge21@aol.com