Re: LF: How to get the newst ROM version.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Mon, 9 Dec 1996 cmac@txdirect.net wrote:

> OK here we go.
>
> 1. Go and get you TI all packaged up and put some insurance on it.
> (About $10 Total)
> 2. Write up a juicy letter about how much you love your TI-92 but there
> are some problems with it.
>    In the letter, request the newest ROM version and they will fulfill
> that request.
>    Include your e-mail and tell them to mail you as soon as they get the
> package.
> 3. Put the letter in an envelope and on it write "ATTN: Tom Sheilds".
> Put this letter in the box.
> 4. Send the thing to TI at:
>
> ATTN: Tom Shields
> 5701 Airport Rd.
> PO box 6118
> MS3262
> Temple TX, 76503
>
> 5. Pretty soon you should see an e-mail from TI (mine took about 2
> days).
> 6. They will be glad to replace your TI, totally FREE!!!!
>
> I did this and my new one should be here in a few days!!
>
> Has anyone else tried this?

If anybody has those older versions of 92 with old-style casing, I do not
suggest them to do any replacement. My friend has one of those new ones
and has already laquered it due to paint (Really, it's painted..) chipping
off. Also screen isn't covered with as sturdy plastic as in older
versions.

 -Ipe
 [ http://www.kotakk.fi/~y95silso ]