Re: LF: Fargo programming question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

daniel Plaisted wrote:
> >If people like you devoted even half the time you spend on crap like this to
> >making good games, we would be a hell of a lot better off!
>
> Sorry!  I don't know assembly, I'm just learning, so I started out on
> something I thought would be easy.  Now that I know its not so easy i'll
> just do something else.

I think that if someone wants to try something new, they should.  Fargo
would have never been here if someone (david ellsworth) hadn't devoted
time to trying to make his calc crash, realizing making the backup too
long screws stuff up, and fould the bug that makes asm possible.
Anything can be a learning experience, and besides, not everyone is good
at or wants to make games.  I myself am fairly new to asm and am not
trying to make *good games* but *working code*  I did make an etch a
sketch prog, but that was something realitivly simple and easy for me to
get experience from.

Besides, a program that replaces the fargo shell with occasional errors
would probably be a fairly popular download, and somewhat easy if you
just use it as the shell file.

the only problem would be to call the external program, and for that I
ask if ANYONE THAT KNOWS HOW TO CALL ONE PROGRAM FROM ANOTHER TO PLEASE
RESPOND, I know its somewhere in the core.fn but was unable to make it
work when I experimented.

PS.  you could compress screen shots and have grayscale errors! kewl, hu

--
Christopher Poole
poole.christopher@paradox.net