LF: Strange problems

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LF: Strange problems

I just got my 92 a few days ago and I am trying to install Fargo.  I have
the official graph link and am using TI's software for Windows95.  I have
ROM version 1.11.  I downloaded Fargo and made a backup of my calc and then
ran putfargo.  So far so good.  I then sent the backup to my calc and as
normal it has an error at 99%.  When the error occurrs my calc's screen goes
blank.  I'm not sure if it is off or if the screen just went blank.  Any way
when I try to turn it on nothing happens.  I tried increasing the contrast
but that doesn't work either.  I try to send the libs put I get a link error
so I took out one battery and held down the on and ( key.  When I do this
the screen comes on full contrast so I lower it but my screen is missing the
toolbar.  The F1, F2, etc. don't work either. I am now able to transfer the
libraries. Once the libs were transfered I pressed shift-on but that didn't
work so I typed shell() and the calc pauses until I hit enter.  I am getting
what fargo.txt describes here

"If the Fargo core is not present on your TI-92, pressing [Shift] [ON] will
have no effect. When Fargo programs are launched from TI-BASIC, they will
simply pause the calculator and wait for [ENTER] to be pressed."

I have also tried using a pre-installed backup but I get the same results.

Why isn't the core getting onto my calc?

Eric Junker
junker@ncn.net