Re: LF: RAM Upgrade possibility

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: RAM Upgrade possibility

<< > Yes.  The extra RAM is already in the TI-92 -- they just decided not to
 > allow access to it.  Additionally there's a Sun UltraSPARC compatible chip
 > running at 100 BIPS in there that is also currently unused as part of a
 > satellite up/downlink system near the left set of batteries.

 No it isn't!!!  When you order the upgrade ROM module, the extra RAM
 is built into it along with the ROM.  There is only 128K of RAM
 currently in the TI-92.  This way they don't have to make any
 difficult hardware modifications.

 -Ed >>

This is just an idea,  if the extra RAM was alread in there, they STILL
wouldn't
need to make "difficult hardware modifications".  All they would need to do
is change the chip.

The only reasons why I think that the calc could already have the memory in
it is because, I think that Tex. Inst. want more money.  Or there engineers
didn't want us to access this part of memory because they didn't know how big
the language part of the new chips would be.
(assuming that they already knew that they were going to make these
advancements in the future.)

I also believe that that extra ram could be in the new chip as well.
(note: I have very very little knowledge of the hardware in the calc.   All
of my ideas are assumptions.)