Re: LF: Disassembled ROM?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: Disassembled ROM?

ST7WO@Jetson.UH.EDU wrote:

> >On Sat, 7 Dec 1996 ST7WO@Jetson.UH.EDU wrote:
> >
> >> Hmm,
> >>
> >> Surely the Fargo guys dissasembled a ROM dump.  It seems like there should
> >> be much more routine calls available than whats in ROMLIB???...
> >> Has anyone disassembled the ROM themselves?  I can't find a 68K
> >> disassembler....
> >>
> >> Steve
> >>
> >I've been digging around a bit, mainly with keyboard reading and linkport
> >transfers. It's pretty messy since the ROM is written in C...
>
> Ooh-- I didn't even think to think about that.  Yea, I'd imagine it's not too
> clean then...  I think I've might have found a disassembler that's worked;
> the code didn't seem to be too totally coherent; but, of course, if it's
> complied....  We should just bug TI for the source code.
>
> Steven Massey
>

> >//Sasq (Jonas Minnberg)

Besides... even if they (the fargo programmers) did dissassemble the
source, if they found any useful routines, they would have to make sure
they would be compatible with all rom versions!  And that would make it
even harder to not only find the source, but then a common entry point

--
Christopher Poole
poole.christopher@paradox.net