Re: LF: How do you make a greyscale picture program?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 08:31 PM 12/6/96 -0500, JBridge21@aol.com wrote:
>If you have two bitplanes that get equal time, then there can only be three
>colors. but, if one gets one unit of time, and the other two units, then four
>colors can be made. use powers of two... so to make eight colors, you only
>need three bitplanes with the following units of time- 1, 2, and 4. then the
>planes correspond to bits in a 3-bit pixel value.

Okay, I don't know if this questions been asked yet, (hopefully not) but if
it has I guess I'll ask it again.  What is a bitplane?  Is there a way I can
take a regular .jpg or .bmp and make it into 3 bitplanes so that I can have
8 colors?  How do I change the time?

TIA,
Amy Williams
epic@aros.net