Re: LF: Supervisor Stack

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: Supervisor Stack

> > > You mean:
> > > 	move.l #start, $80.w
> > > 	trap #0
> > > start:
> >
> > The Amiga truly had a weird OS!!!!
>
> It had a truly FAST OS, since we didn't have to TRAP our way into
> the OS (what a waste of cycles) but just jump.
> Hmm somehow I feel that an Atari<->Amiga discussion is a little..
> out of date? Both systems are more or less gone anyway

True true... I suppose fargo is more based around teh amiga OS than
 ST, but I think we've got some truly unique features taht are quite
impressive!

P.S. on the no of cycles overhead on calling a lib... ther aren't
any!! libs are just JSR'd to and the addresses and stuff are
precalculated before the fargo program is run...

Rob Taylor MAIL - mailto:rtaylor@ticalc.org
           WEB  - http://www.u-net.com/~rtaylor/