Re: LF: broken link port

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: broken link port

Jonathan Dickmann wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Dec 1996, Christopher Poole wrote:
>
> > As I type this I'll probably get flamed for being off topic, but
> >
> > screen shot, and that worked.  I also transferred a "expression" file
> > 92-->comp and back again, and that worked.  but when I tried to
> > transferr a backup (this is where the fargo revelence comes into play)
> > or program file, an error always occurred, causing transmission to
> > fail.  I installed brand new batteries, yet it still did not work.  If
> > anyone knows how to fix this PLEASE HELP.  I miss fargo, esp making
>
> You DO realize that a 'fargo'ed backup will ALWAYS report as unsucessful,
> it's part of how fargo works.  it'll transfer almost completely and then
> report a failed backup.. this is more likely your problem than a broken
> port of any type.
>
> JD
Yes, It doesn't even start the backup, it says starting backup, then
before any numbers display, it syas unsuccessful, and quits, resetting
the calc.
I had gotten fargo to work before the port broke, and I know it broke
because when I opened the calc up, it was physically cracked into two.
Anyway, I know what your saying, and thats not the problem.

--
Christopher Poole
poole.christopher@paradox.net