LF: broken link port

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LF: broken link port

As I type this I'll probably get flamed for being off topic, but

After using my link port without the cover, it cracked and would no
longer work.  I removed it, and then soldered 3 wires (actually metal
twist-ties, easy to "strip" , thin, shot and small.. perfect for the
job) and hooked them dirctly to my homemade link.  I tryed getting a
screen shot, and that worked.  I also transferred a "expression" file
92-->comp and back again, and that worked.  but when I tried to
transferr a backup (this is where the fargo revelence comes into play)
or program file, an error always occurred, causing transmission to
fail.  I installed brand new batteries, yet it still did not work.  If
anyone knows how to fix this PLEASE HELP.  I miss fargo, esp making
programs (if anyone wants to test out a new password program for me, one
that actually is activated at power-off <> [on] or auto-power-down,
contact me.  mailto:poole.christopher@paradox.net  I am unable to test
anything due to this problem)

I heard something about a fuse a while back, but that wouldn't be the
problem, because It will actually transferr, just not big stuff (backup,
programs, ect)

Thanx,
--
Christopher Poole