Re: LF: ASM Question...Help please...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: ASM Question...Help please...

On Mon, 2 Dec 1996 22:17:15 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>	In 68k ASM on the TI-92, this simple program is very difficult to
>write indeed!  Here are a couple of things to consider:
>
>1) There exists no easy way to print a number to the screen, ESP. not in
>decimal.  Perhaps try sprintf to convert to decimal, and then puttext to
>output it to screen.  Still, not trivial.

True... In the example I wrote I made it display in hex.
>2) Once you get to the screen, scrolling, if needed, is a pain... As with
>No. 1, there is no ROM call that will scroll the screen (I think...).
>This is tough...

Right again! Maybe a new OS would be cool... Especially with the rom
upgrade. That way there would be plenty of room left for programs.
Maybe something like DOS 2.0...:)

>3) Reading keys is also a bit hard (The Pause statement...)

Not hard at all. :) Just use for flib function IDLE_LOOP.

-Tim
--
Tim Gerla -- timg@climax.polaristel.net -- Tyball@irc
              Tyball Dragon -==(UDIC)==-