LF: timg@polaristel.net

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LF: timg@polaristel.net

I would love to see KeepOut broken into two pieces: an admin app with an
optional activator. The admin would be similar to what it is now, except
without a timeout. The activator would immidiately turn off and lock the
calculator. This would allow the user to rename shell() to fargo() and the
keepout activator to shell(). Then, by simply pressing shift-off, the calc
would be locked and shut off. You can do something similar now by using a 1
second timeout, but then it is hard to change the options. Also, there is
little purpose to a timeout that is only active when a certain program is
run. Maybe you could come up with a compromise, by making the timeout in
the admin app optional, for those who like the way it is now (I see no
reason for this, but might as well try to keep everybody happy).

Also, can you try to do something to limit the number of characters to a
max that would fill horizontally across the screen. Once it reaches the end
(like someone pushing random keys) three times, then have it turn back off
automatically. Maybe limit it to 8 or 12 chars, whatever.

Ok, thanks for listening to my ideas.

-/\/\ackman Out