[A89] Re: Exponents

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: Exponents

Might I suggest reading the help file?

If you'll check the library file, math.h, you'll find that it has a
perfectly functional pow() function already included.  When writing
programs that involve any complicated math (anything besides +, -, *, /,
%), math.h is your friend.

for example:

pow(5, 6);

will present a warning (loss of precision casting ints as floats) but the
answer will be correctly 15625.0000000000f (or however precise it'd be as a
float)

Just make certain that you'll never be taking an even root of a negative
number.  Most systems flag this as an error.  TIGCC apparently does not and
returns garbage.

math.h is your friend.

At 08:21 PM 6/16/02 -0400, you wrote:

>Hey all,
>
>Anyone know how to do exponents in C, such as 5 to the 6th power and such?
>I looked in help, but all the funcitons I found having to do with exponents
>didn't seem to be just plain exponents.  Am I just missing something or is
>that not possible in C?
>
>Brett

Follow-Ups: References: