[A89] Re: tigcc.a

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: tigcc.a

> I'm trying to test a function of tigcc.a (now that I have TIGCC
> running). This is my code (slightly modified version of what Joel
> Thompson sent to the list a few days back)
>      bsr         printf

I can't solve your problem, but I checked with the TIGCC guys, who agreed
with my initial assessment -- DO NOT use printf here.  Use printf_xy
instead.  printf is only offered for compatibility with PC programs, but
it's completely reimplemented if you use it, which will unnecessarily make
your program much, much larger.  printf_xy or sprintf can be used to do the
exact same thing without all this extra overhead!

For more comments on using printf vs printf_xy or sprintf:
http://pub26.ezboard.com/ftichessteamhqfrm5.showMessage?topicID=1649.topic

    -Scott