[A89] Re: Non-Complex Numbers

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: Non-Complex Numbers

> Two good examples are the hypercomplex numbers and the
> quaternions. The complex numbers are a subset of both of
> these.

If you need more examples of non-complex numbers, search for
hyperreal numbers (used in non-standard mathematical analysis)
and transfinite cardinals and ordinals (used in set theory).
Hyperreals are superset of reals (like complex numbers are),
but they does not include complex numbers. Cardinals and
ordinals are superset of integers, but they does not include
even reals. By the way, cardinals are subset of ordinals.
Finite cardinals/ordinals are integers.

If you want to know more, ask me on my private mail (I am
a mathematican)...

Zeljko Juric