[A89] really random numbers

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] really random numbers

OK, I want a really random number.  I know that most random number
generators just generate erratic but completely deterministic sequences
for a given initial value (the seed).  So I thought about maybe making
the seed random, like setting it to a part of memory that changes often.
I figured that the video memory (i.e. the home screen before it's
cleared) would probably be a good choice.  Is there a possibly better
choice like the stack?  I plan to set the seed before anything else in
the program.

Jon K.
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.