[A89] Re: [OT] Anyone have any good books on C to reccomend?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: [OT] Anyone have any good books on C to reccomend?

In a message dated 8/30/2002 10:47:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
goodsell@bridgernet.com writes:

> First, the question was for C books, not C++. Second, Schildt's books
>  are awful. If you think you learned something from one, you might want
>  to verify it using a real book (for C++ Stroustrup's "The C++
>  Programming Language" is your best bet). Go to Google groups and
>  search comp.lang.c for people's opinions on Schildt's books.

I am sorry, I wasn't paying attention. However, the first half of the book is
on C, and there is a C:TCR as well.

Yes, I know the Jargon Files have a definition "Bullschildt" discribing how
bad the book was, but the reviews I just read from the internet were all for
the older editions.