[A89] [OT] Anyone have any good books on C to reccomend?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] [OT] Anyone have any good books on C to reccomend?

Having screwed with the various flavors of TI-BASIC, I've decided to grow up
and learn a real programming language (namely C). I know this is kind of off
topic, so if this e-mail pisses you off, then I'll buy you a beer the next
time you're in Brewster, NY, USA. I promise. =)

Anyway, I'm looking for good reading material from which to learn C (either
print or online will work). Preferably something that assumes familiarity
with the basic concepts of programming. I have a copy of K&R's "The C
Programming Language", however, my particular copy was printed around the
time when C was mostly used for the PDP-11, and I'm afraid it might be out
ofdate (if I'm wrong, please tell me).

Anyway, if anyone can reccomend something from which I can learn C, it would
be much appreciated.

---------- The Fishy One's Infinite Wisdom #19: "Gasoline, firecrackers, and
bored youth don't mix." New Wisdom Every Week!

Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: Click Here[1]

--- Links ---
   1 'http://g.msn.com/1HM1ENUS/c152??PI=44364'