[A89] Re: Question about "TI-C", among other things.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: Question about "TI-C", among other things.

As far as I know, one of the main goals of the TIGCC project is to be fully
compliant with ANSI C standards, so it's very close.  The syntax, variables,
etc... are almost exactly the same, so you won't have to relearn C.
(Correct me if I'm wrong) It isn't a different 'dialect' of C at all.  The
main difference is the calc-specific functions in the tigcc library which
you'll have to learn, but there's very good documentation.  If by 'TI-C' you
mean the TI Flash SDK, I can't help you on that, but I would recommend TIGCC
over the TI Flash SDK any day, for a couple reasons: It's more popular, so
you'll get more help if you need it; it's updated a lot more often than the
TI SDK; it has better documentation and a much better library of advanced
functions etc... the list goes on and on.

Link port: sorry, I don't know much about it, but there are plenty of ppl on
this list who do.

V200: If you already have an 89, I'd say don't get it.  It's bigger, more
expensive, and because of the qwerty keyboard it is not allowed on many
standardized tests that the 89 is allowed on (SAT, ACT....)  If you have a
92+, it might be worth the upgrade because it's a little smaller, looks
cooler, and has more flash ROM.  If you don't have either, I'd recommend the
89 over the V200, but it's up to you (other people may disagree with me).
If the App desktop and clock of the V200 are drawing you to it, you can get
those features in an 89 with an OS upgrade (another debate) as long as it's
HW2.  I haven't tried the V200, I'm just going on what I've read and heard
about it, so don't take my word as the final one.

Hope that helps clear some stuff up for you :-)

--Brett