[A89] Re: a68k vs as (linking problems)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: a68k vs as (linking problems)

At 23:59 -0500 20/8/02, John David Ratliff wrote:
>I noticed you often replace jbsr on as with bsr. This is not always
>possible. I changed bsr's to rom calls to jsr, and included OS.h and the
>program compiled and ran. Here is my changes...

[snip]

>Although, I would just learn GNU as syntax. It's not that different, and
>it's much more advanced in optimizing your code than a68k is. Just a
>suggestion though...
>
>Hope this helps,
>
>John David Ratliff
>jdratlif@cs.indiana.edu

thanks for the info, but it did the same: crash the calc. I think the
problem is the linking step.
I know GNU as is more advanced in optimizing, but the syntax is
really dumb (I don't see why you have to put '%' in front of each
register, when the context says it all, besides, a68k syntax is
cleaner and looks much nicer ^_^)... but apparently is the only
option I have. I'm getting really close to the deadline of my
assignment. Looking it again, GNU as has some benefits, like those
jxx pseudo-ops, but I still hate the % stuff... :P
thanks,
ra.-

Follow-Ups: References: