[A89] Re: Using Link Port for 1-Wire Devices

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Laine Walker-Avina wrote:

>I recently got some samples of various 1-Wire deviced from
>Maxim (http://www.maxim-ic.com/1-Wire.cfm), and was
>wondering how I would interface them with the link port of
>the 89 using C and/or assembly. The link port looks
>compatable; it has a high idle and all which the devices
>need.

Check out J89hw.txt for info on how the port works in a low level mode.
You basicly use one port to set mode, and then access the pins as bits
on another port.
fairly easy and straight forward. Don't forget to turn off link
interrupts and such, otherwise the built in linkroutines will interfere
in your transmissions.

You then use PeekIO and PokeIO from tigcclib to change them. or just
write/read to the memory adresses in asm.

///Olle