[A89] Re: Quiet in here... let's discuss something!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: Quiet in here... let's discuss something!

Hi!

Well, I can't really say anything about your optimizations, other than "you
seem to know what you're doing."  I know hardly any assembly.  Anyway, I'm
in a kind of practical mood today, and you gave me an idea: Would you or
anyone else like to optimize the three sprite functions from the TIGCC
Library?  They are currently written in C (created by Zeljko Juric) and
compiled to assembly using "gcc -Os".  The sources can be found at
http://tigcc.ticalc.org/beta/tigccsrc.zip (sorry, large file; I'll post the
code here if needed).  Relevant files are sprite8.c, sprite16.c, and
sprite32.c.  spritexx.s files (GNU assembly) are generated from them by the
compiler.

The conventions are that d0-d2 and a0-a1 may be destroyed.  Also, if you
decide to do this, please stay with GNU rather than A68k.  I don't know if
optimizing for size or speed would be better in this case; probably for
speed.

Thanks in advance.

Sebastian Reichelt

Follow-Ups: References: