[A89] Re: A problem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: A problem

At 3/24/2001 07:09 PM, you wrote:
>If that doesn't, then something is very wrong =)

Ok, it was a bug later in the program that killed it. Oops. Sorry about that.

>By the way, it doesn't look like you're not prototyping your functions.

I think you put in a extra not there. When I first started, I didn't. I am
now. How I am doing it with this project, is I have a header with all the
prototypes and the 3 global vars, and I just include that. It works, and
makes the main code look neater IMHO.

>Apparently many people are learning from web resources, but you have to be
>very careful when doing so.

Yes, you are correct. I did learn almost all I know from the web. last
semester was the first programming class I ever went to. I skipped to the
senior level, and I learned nothing. We started with Hello World. That
sucked, and I paid good money for nothing. Community colleges are not the
best way to go for a cs major. Now I have to get my grades up so I can
transfer.

>I don't mind them at all -- actually, I _enjoy_ answering many of these
>questions

Good. I do try to learn, but as stated above, School is not helping (yet),
and books are a little hard to come by when I need to buy $200+ on
textbooks for classes that we almost never use them in.

>I only get pissed ...

Ya, I did that once, I was jumped on so bad. I now look harder, then ask.

----
Rob Smith
Rob's Quote of this Reset:
A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend upon the support
of Paul.
- George Bernard Shaw