Re: A89: LCD memory manipulation (in asm)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001, reukidodo wrote:

> Thank you for the information!  Was this in a documentation that I missed
> somewhere?

You're welcome.  The information can be found in various hardware docs at
http://alh.dhs.org/ti89/ .  I believe the documents (esp. mine) can be quite
hard to understand though.

> I had originally planned to use the extra memory around the visible LCD as a
> buffer, in order to make easy smooth scrolling, but now I can't figure out
> how to scroll left/right using lsl and lsr...  are there other commands that
> let the end bit be carried over into the next byte?

Use the ROXL and ROXR instructions, they rotate through the X flag.

Eg.: The following loop "scrolls" an arbitrary amount of data one pixel to
the right.  The leftmost pixel is set to 0.

	move	#0,ccr		; X=0
\loop
	roxr.w	(a0)+		; X -> (a0) -> new X
	dbra	d0,\loop