Re: A89: What's Wrong?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: What's Wrong?

No problem... the fact that a eighth grader cares about that stuff shows that there is hope for this country after all =)

The speed of light does vary in different substances. In fact, as light goes into a different medium, a faint glow is given off (if I remember, it's called Cherenkov radiation.)

There's a good book by Kip Thorne (a pretty well known physicist), that explains a bunch of this stuff in laymans terms (and you really, really don't want to see the math behind it. I'm in college Cal III and I can just barely make out a little of it) I think the title of the book is something like Black Holes, Timewarps, something like that.

Mike

    I earlier stated that the speed of light cannot be changed, but I admit
now I was wrong.  My dad explained about principals I never heard of such as
for light to bend it slows.  Now I understand everything.  I'm sorry for my
wrong.

    But you have to give me credit, I'm an eighth grader in Physical Science,
and athe book doen't go into to much detail about light.

--Nick